Can I apply for an Employment Pass prior to incorporating my Singapore company? Why do I need to appoint a resident director?

All Employment Pass applications can only be submitted once the Singapore company has been incorporated. In order to incorporate a Singapore company, you will require the following:

  • 1 shareholder (Either an individual or corporation)
  • 1 resident director (Either a Singaporean, Permanent Resident or Employment Pass, EntrePass or Dependant Pass holder). Rikvin can provide you with a nominee resident director to satisfy the statutory requirements until you secure your Employment Pass.
  • 1 company secretary (officer of the company) (This service is also provided by Rikvin.)
  • Minimum paid-up capital of S$1
  • A local registered office address (This service is provided by Rikvin.)

Once you have obtained your Singapore Employment Pass, you can act as the local resident director. All company incorporation registration process including work pass applications can be handled without your physical presence.